Sunday, December 13, 2009

I do love a good massage

Thanks to the clouds in the sky, the ride my mom and I were going to go on today was cancelled. RAIN! Now, I normally don't care for rain, and in Ohio in the winter months, it's downright miserable. I prefer to stand outside, so that was were I was found, anxiously awaiting my breakfast. Thank goodness for rain sheets!
Chowed down on some mineral pellets and hay, was groomed..and then....the massage! Ahhhhhhhhhhh. Lip curlin' and wigglin', sleepy eyed massage time. She knows just the spots to hit and what I like best. I know I don't work hard enough for weekly massage time, but she still gives Gypsy and me our massages. Gypsy for sure deserves them. She works a lot more than I do, but she likes to (that's her own fault..hehe).

I think every horse deserves to be massaged actually. A lot of people don't want to spend the money to have an equine massage therapist out, let alone someone to do acupressure, acupuncture, chiro work or other body work. But, if their horse is being worked at all, they should! It helps us out a lot you know.

I really love a good massage, some chiro work and Facilitated Pressure Release Therapy. Not as keen on the acupressure, but my buddy Gypsy loves it. Never had acupuncture before, but I was told it involves needles and was like acupressure.

Now most of you have heard of massage and chiro work...maybe some of you have even heard of acupressure and acupuncture...but not many have heard of the Facilitated Pressure Release Therapy (or FPRT since I'm typing with hooves here and it's long!)
I'm just going to yank some bits about it off my Michigan mom's website and link you to it so you can read more about it. I really do enjoy this, and my Ohio mom has had it done to her as well, and was floored by how well it worked. So that is what I'll give you a bit of info on.

First, a brief "what IS this???". Again, you can read the more in depth descriptions on her website which I will link you to at the end.

Facilitated Pressure Release Therapy can be described as a specialized pressure release therapy which completely releases abnormal tension in all tissues of the body to affect permanent change.
This is an indirect type of therapy and it is very gentle to the recipient. The practitioner is not pushing or forcing the tissues to release the tension and restrictions. There are no forceful or high velocity adjustments involved. No pain should be felt by the client and the practitioner will modify their pressure if pain is experienced.

Sounds great, huh? I love it!

Now you probably want to know some benefits.
The benefits of FPRT to your horse will be predominantly seen in three categories: performance, pain/illness, and natural preventative care.

Performance

· Improves Performance

· Allows the Opportunity to Reach Maximum Potential

· Release of Tension and Stress

· Improves Attitude and Work Ethic

· Assists in Improving Saddling Behavior

· Increases Freedom of Movement in the Gaits –

o Elasticity, Extension, Collection, Gait and Lead Changes, etc

Pain and Illness

· Relieves Pain - Acute and Chronic

· Assists Recovery from Illness and Injury

· Strengthens Immune System

· Releases Lingering Tension from Old Injuries and Scar Tissue

* Eases Arthritis Discomfort

Natural Preventative Care

· Body Balancing to help avoid injuries, arthritis and illness

· Helps Extend Working Careers

· Allows Better and Easier Breathing

· Assists in Balance

· Relaxes and Rejuvenates


if all of that sounds interesting to you, or you want to learn more, go check out her website: http://www.whitewillowtherapies.com/
As for me, I'm going to go have a nice bucket of water and relax. Those massages do that to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment